We’re seeking an Investment Analyst to help us evaluate investment opportunities, investigate areas of potential investment interest, develop or maintain strategic points of view critical to the firm’s investment theses, and support our internal investment operations. The Investment Analyst will report to our Associate and will be a full member of the Mesh Ventures investment team.
The Investment Analyst can look forward to working alongside the Partners through each stage of the investment process, including: brainstorming new investment theses, identifying new opportunities, joining initial meetings with entrepreneurs, conducting thorough due diligence evaluations, and crafting our formal investment recommendations. In addition to the above, the Investment Analyst will also have an opportunity to engage with industry leaders and technical advisors to help inform strategic decisions.
- Work with Associates and Partners to assist with all stages of the investment process
- Support investment activities with primary and secondary research (e.g. theme development, market sizing, competitive landscapes, point of view synthesis).
- Create and analyze financial models for specific investment opportunities under active consideration.
- Develop and present materials that translate complicated analyses into concise and clear narratives that support an opinion or point of view.
- Gather and distill market data on new trends, behaviors, and developments within the venture capital industry.
Highly qualified candidates will have many of the following traits:
- A bachelor’s degree from a top-tier academic institution complemented by a background in science, technology, engineering, math, finance, economics, or other analytical fields.
- 2-3 years of work experience in investment banking, consulting, private equity/venture capital, corporate development, or a technology startup.
- A desire and drive to learn about the venture capital industry, tech startups, and entrepreneurship.
- A strong intellectual curiosity and passion for tech investing, especially in sectors of interest to the firm.
- Well developed interpersonal, social, and relationship management skills.
- Ability to evaluate, filter, organize, and summarize information.
- Impressive analytical abilities and modeling skills.
- An intimate familiarity with MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast paced environment while simultaneously handling multiple projects.